US Ignite-Gigabit Application Challenge, Dec. 14
Name: US Ignite-Gigabit Application Challenge, Dec. 14
Date: December 14, 2017
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM CST
Registration: Register Now
Richardson, Texas, home of the “Telecom Corridor® Area of Innovation” is participating in a US Ignite Gigabit Application Challenge. A total of $20,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the top two developers/development teams that can come up with applications ideas that utilize gigabit Internet bandwidth or require extremely low latency.
Program details will be announced at a launch event on December 14. The program is open to DFW area entrepreneurs, university researchers, developers, start-ups and early stage companies who can design new applications or adapt existing applications to meet the contest requirements.
An impartial panel of judges from the north Texas technology ecosystem will evaluate proposals and business plans submitted during the contest period and determine the winners of the top two application concepts and proposals submitted.
During this “challenge” launch event, an outline of the requirements of the challenge will be presented to attendees. Program organizers will present the infrastructure and resources available to be used for developing internet applications that require gigabit internet bandwidth or low latency. Requirements and timelines/milestones to win one of the two $10,000 awards will also be outlined at the event.
Who should attend:
- Entrepreneurs and developers interested in creating smart gigabit cities applications or gigbit/low latency industrial Internet applications
- Start-ups who have technology or applications that could be modified to qualify as a smart gigabit city application or gigbit/low latency industrial Internet applications
- University researchers dealing with high bandwidth/low latency technology that could be applied to provide a solution(s) to the challenge
Benefits to participants:
- Cash awards of $10,000 each to the top two application ideas/demos
- Local and regional exposure
- Access to the network of more than 25 US Ignite communities to help test applications (and possible purchasers of final commercial application versions).
- Exposure to possible investors to provide funds to commercialize the two winning applications