Thomson Reuters is looking for a seasoned platform Architect who has experience building new platform services from scratch, as well as the ability to effectively refactor and integrate existing applications/services.The candidate should have exceptional communication and negotiation skills, combined with experience guiding software and quality engineers analysts in implementing production quality solutions. The Software Architect will be a thought-leader, with real-world business common sense, the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate across functions.
- Define and extend a robust architecture for building new platform services in the Corporates domain, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks or creating new reusable components
- Define and Execute on our API and global cloud deployment strategies
- Build early prototypes of product components/services and validate them for technical design and performance
- Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Be an evangelist and strong communicator of the architectural blueprints of our product to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit our customer’s needs
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting our platform architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolve
- Partner with others inside and outside the engineering organization to gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution
- Work with the development team to translate the software architecture into design and be hands-on as needed
- Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales and professional services teams throughout the organization
- Experience and strong understanding of AWS/Azure and various core services offered
- Comfortable in communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers
- 10+ years’ experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products
- 3+ years in an architect role in previous large scale software development projects, preferably SaaS delivery model
- Possessing skills in the following technology areas: .Net, Java, REST, Web Services, XML, XSL, HTML / DHTML, HTTP
- Thorough understanding of relational database design, OLAP and good understanding of NoSQL models (SQL, MDX, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Microservices, Containers (Docker) is preferred
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience relevant to the job. Advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Computer Science) is preferred but not required
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Track record that includes the design and release of high quality, high performance enterprise software product / application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and prospects
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America